Friday 3 January 2014

Kiss Me Quick

Project 2 asked me to create 16 calling cards that sum up my personal experience of the city of London. I went about this buy taking 3 trips out into London, one to a place that i had visited many times before moving here and spend a lot of time with my brother in, Brick lane and Shoreditch, on this trip i took photos and tried to capture the essence of the area as best i could with the graffiti, shop fronts and raw creative intimacy that is shared by the people who live there. The second trip i took the tubes and busses to stops and areas that i had never been to before and tried to take in as much as i possibly could, gaining a feel of the architecture and atmosphere of various different parts; and the 3rd was a similar trip but i tried to use my eyes to really pick things up and also try and imagine that i had never been to London and what my initial thoughts and feeling would have been. The actual calling cards that i created are all in varying styles and categories as i felt that this displays the diversity that there is here in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment