Saturday 4 January 2014

You've Got To Get Up To Get Down


When set this project, my first thoughts were of the genre(s) of music that I was going to create my dance move for, and was decided that I wanted my new hairstyle to represent this music style also. After doing some research into different types of dance that relate to which music genres, etc break dancing for hip hop and skanking for dancehall, and while conducting my initial research I was interested in the various hybrids and crossover styles of music, in which two or more genres merge together to form a separate fusion genre. There are obvious examples of this; rnb stemming from the fusion of rhythm and blues music, and folk rock being the crossover of folk and rock, there are also many sub genres and innovative takes on music styles that would not have been possible if not for taking aspects, styles and sounds from multiple genres. This gave me the idea to make up a dance move for one of these fusion genres that just directly crosses the two main styles of dance that relate to the 2 genres, so I knew that it was important to choose two dances that could actually be put together and not be too complicated, this would also mean that the two genres had to have the same rhythm and timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment