Friday 11 October 2013

MIRRORS

With this project the idea was to tap into our home, the meaning of the word to us and everything surrounding what we considered home whether it be the place that we were bought up or the place that we live now.  I felt that home for me was Stroud, Gloucestershire which is the place i was bought up, my family being part of this and the memories that i have of the actual house i grew up in and the spaces around, although i now live in London i consider myself a country person. I gathered various items that are in my room currently and that hold a significance in representing the person i am while im in that space, as i felt that my actual room is effectively my home while in London as the house i live in has no living area so i spend most of my time there. I went on to make a design that is a visual map of myself and my home, including images of myself and my family that are some of my fondest memories and are good representations of my time growing up in Gloucestershire and the people around me who i feel have influenced me more than anybody else,  i used circular images to portray the idea of through the keyhole look at my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment